The Resource Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh/
- Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh/
- Statement of responsibility
- Robert C. O'Brien
- Title variation
- Secret of NIMH
- Mrs. Frisby and the rats of NIMH
- trueBooks to movies
- trueFantasy fiction
- trueLaboratory animals
- Microtus -- Fiction
- trueMother and child
- Newbery Medal
- trueSick children
- trueRats as laboratory animals
- trueUnited States, National Institute of Mental Health
- trueAnimal fantasy
- Mrs. Frisby's son, Timothy, falls ill with pneumonia just as the farmer begins preparation for spring plowing. Normally she would move her family but Timothy, weak already from being bitten by a spider as a baby, would not survive the cold trip to their summer home.Mrs. Frisby obtains medicine from her friend, the older white mouse, Mr. Ages. On the return journey, she saves the life of Jeremy, a young crow, from Dragon, the farmer's cat - the same cat who had killed her husband
- Mark Twain Award (Missouri), 1973.
- Massachusetts Children's Book Award, 1978.
- Newbery Medal, 1972.
- William Allen White Children's Book Award (Kansas), 1974.
- Young Reader's Choice Award (Pacific Northwest), Junior, 1974.
- Awards note
- Newbery Award.
- Cataloging source
- JF OBR (Newbery)
- Dewey number
- JF O'BRI
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Intended audience source
- Literary form
- non fiction
- Series statement
- Rats of Nimh
- Target audience
ContextContext of Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh/
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh/
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/resource/dVFoMA7YQ-8/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/resource/dVFoMA7YQ-8/">Mrs. Frisby and the Rats of Nimh/</a></span> - <span property="potentialAction" typeOf="OrganizeAction"><span property="agent" typeof="LibrarySystem http://library.link/vocab/LibrarySystem" resource="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/">Clinton Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>