The Resource One crazy summer
- One crazy summer
- Statement of responsibility
- by Rita Williams-Garcia
- African Americans -- Juvenile fiction
- Black Panther Party -- Fiction
- Oakland (Calif.) -- History -- 20th century -- Juvenile fiction
- Oakland (Calif.) -- History -- 20th century -- Fiction
- Mothers -- Fiction
- African Americans -- Fiction
- Civil rights movements -- Fiction
- Black Panther Party -- Juvenile fiction
- Poets -- Juvenile fiction
- Mothers -- Juvenile fiction
- Sisters -- Fiction
- Poets -- Fiction
- Civil rights movements -- Juvenile fiction
- Black Panther Party
- Sisters -- Juvenile fiction
- In the summer of 1968, after travelling from Brooklyn to Oakland, California, to spend a month with the mother they barely know, eleven-year-old Delphine and her two younger sisters arrive to a cold welcome as they discover that their mother, a dedicated poet and printer, is resentful of the intrusion of their visit and wants them to attend a nearby Black Panther summer camp
- ALA Notable Children's Book, 2011
- Amelia Bloomer List, 2011
- Booklist Editors’ Choice: Books for Youth, 2010
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author Category, 2011.
- Parents' Choice Award for Fiction, 2010.
- School Library Journal Best Books: 2010
- Scott O'Dell Historical Fiction Award, 2011.
- Awards note
- A Junior Library Guild selection
- Coretta Scott King Award, Author, 2011.
- Newbery Honor Book, 2011.
- National Book Award finalist, 2010
- Scott O'Dell Award for Historical Fiction.
- Cataloging source
- no index present
- Intended audience
- Ages 9-12
- LC call number
- LC item number
- On 2012
- Literary form
- Series statement
- Gaither sisters
- Series volume
- Target audience
ContextContext of One crazy summer
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work One crazy summer
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/resource/F_hCwn3GqgE/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/resource/F_hCwn3GqgE/">One crazy summer</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/#CPL"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.clintonpl.lib.in.us/">Clinton Public Library</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Clinton Public Library. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...